Jefferson Park is a 108-unit state-assisted public housing development which was originally completed and occupied in 1950. Despite a series of significant upgrades that have been undertaken during its sixty five year history, significant and chronic defects in the building envelope coupled with small apartments densely packed around shared stair cores combine to make the buildings obsolete.
The revitalization plans for Jefferson Park include the demolition of the existing four three-story structures with six buildings containing two-story townhouses over flats, while reconnecting the site to the neighborhood streetscape. Common stair halls will be replaced with individual unit entries. The design will incorporate Green Communities and Stretch Code requirements with emphasis on passive solar design and high energy efficiency equipment. The total project cost of this revitalization effort is $45.2 million.